Friday, August 13, 2010

Non-Toxic Hairsprays

Ok, so since there are so many carcinogens in cosmetics, what's the solution you may ask?


Well, let's just start with hairspray.
Here are some sites with different recipes that you could try as an alternative.


Sweet Hair Spray formula

Simple Hairspray Formula for Winter Flyaway Hair

Natural Hair Spray Recipe

Natural Organic Hairspray

Coconut Oil Hair Spray



You could also try making the 'Natural Organic Hairspray' but substitute honey or molasses for the corn syrup. I would not want to use corn syrup because it is really bad for you and is usually made out of GMO corn.
If you use honey it may lighten your hair as will the recipe using lemon juice. The molasses will naturally darken your hair and strengthen it. (see: The Healthy Hair Benefits of Molasses!

 Try these out and tell me what you think!

(Before I researched hairspray alternatives I remembered a story that my mom told me about how she used to use corn syrup to stick bows in my hair. Well since I wouldn't want to use corn syrup I thought of honey or molasses. Come to find out other people had thought of it and tried it too before me. :-D )

 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#783f04]Awesome post! thank you for sharing this information. nutri-nuts.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#783f04]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]