Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Superfoods

Pratt says.  “The whole body is connected:  a healthy heart equals a healthy eye and healthy skin.  You’ll hear about all these special diets for special health needs, but really, the same diet and the same lifestyle choices prevent the same diseases.  With rare exceptions, you don’t need 20 different preventive modalities—just one really good diet.”

Super foods:

•Beans
•Blueberries
•Broccoli
•Oats
•Oranges
•Pumpkin
•Salmon
•Soy (I don't believe soy is good for you; will do another post about that later.)
•Spinach
•Tea (green or black)
•Tomatoes
•Turkey
•Walnuts
•Yogurt

When incorporated into your regular diet, these foods, says Pratt, can stop some of the changes that lead to diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, Alzheimer’s, and some cancers.


(Excerpt from BHI ISP Key 1: Eat to Live)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent article! I love this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Out of these, I eat beans from CHILIIIIIIII, blueberries, brocoli, oats, sometimes oranges, salmon, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts and yogurt - that makes 10 out of 14 and hopefully the right proportions so no overeating occurs. Overeating no matter how good IS NOT WORTH IT!!!