Monday, October 18, 2010

Welcome!!

We are delighted to have you come visit us and hope that you will help us put on a proper Blog Warming by leaving us plenty of comments! Feel free to make suggestions about things that you think need improvement, don't understand, or would simply like to see us write about on Ye Are Not Your Own.

For this, the first post after the official (Re)Launch of  Ye Are Not Your Own, I have a book recommendation for you.

Health for Godly Generations - A Reformational Perspective 
by Renee DeGroot




This book was written by a friend of a couple friends of mine. I have been delighted as I have been reading it; it truly has a very Biblical and balanced perspective. For those of you who are interested in improving your health but do not have the drive to study in-depth as I do, I would recommend that you read this book before you read any others in order to help you establish a solid Biblical philosophy of health upon which to build all your other knowledge and decisions in this area. It is very easy to read and understand as well as being very thorough and systematic. 

Miss DeGroot promotes a more natural approach to health and yet still has an appreciation for the technological advances in modern medicine and understanding of their proper place in our lives.
Reading this book has been so encouraging to me because she is in agreement with the same basic philosophies of health that I adhere to (those of the Maker's Diet, Weston A Price Foundation, and Nourishing Traditions), and yet has what I have not seen in any of those, and that is a presuppositionally self conscious Biblically reformational perspective, as well as a generational and dominion mindset. Everything that she has said in her book is all that has been on my heart to say concernign reforming our lives in the area of health for some time now, thus I am so grateful that the Lord gave her the grace and resources to be able to articulate and put it in print; and much more eloquently than I ever could have!

Click on the image above to visit her site and order the book! 

Romans 12:1-2

 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.



~ Your Sister in Christ, 
                           Miss Mell
                                     SoJoy for the Lord! ~




3 comments:

Antoinette Petersen said...

My mom JUST finished reading it and is not reading it aloud to us "kids" and I am enjoying it so very much myself! :)

So you know Renee?

Thanks for the recommendation (and my e-mail about the new site:) !

Love in Christ,

Miss Antoinette

Antoinette Petersen said...

Correction, I meant to say "now" instead of "not" *blush* :)

Anonymous said...

Miss Antoinette,

I do not know Renee personally (yet), but she is a friend of my pastor and his sister as well as of Steven and Rebecca Loomis of http://srloomis.com/blog/ who I know from WCWC in 2008. I am hoping to meet Renee soon though. :)

Thanks for the comments!

SoJoy for the Lord,
Miss Mell