Just as the bread and the wine reminds us of Christ's sacrifice for us, so too it ought to remind us that our old man was crucified with Christ and our new man is called to be a Living Sacrifice. Thus, our bodies are not to be used for our own pleasures and lust, but stewarded for the Master's use. This includes how, what, and when we eat, sleep, exercise, etc. Let us not revive the old man, but continually re-examine everything we do, whether it be for God's glory and kingdom, or our own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is predicated on these prior promises as the first part of verse 1 says. What are those promises?
2 Cor 6:16 "...As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
2 Cor 6:18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
Post a Comment